How to Vegan Meal Plan – How to Create a Meal Plan for Vegans + FREE DOWNLOAD!
Let’s Get Ready to Meal Plan – Vegan Style!
This post includes a one week vegan meal plan that includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert options AND a 100% VEGAN Grocery Shopping List.
How to Meal Plan Basics
- Choose a day for meal planning, meal prep, and grocery shopping.
- Determine what meals you will eat.
- Aim for fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. Avoid processed foods if possible.
- Shop for ingredients
- Be sure to use your list and stick to it. Don’t buy anything that is not on your list.
- Prepare your meals and Store them.
- Prepared meals correctly stored can be frozen and will keep for months.
When Creating a Vegan Meal Plan keep These 5 Things in Mind!
- Plan to cook a lot of meals at home to ensure you’re eating the highest quality food and that your food is 100% vegan.
- Plan to have a lot of raw, fresh fruits and vegetables available that are washed and ready to eat. You will be cooking a lot, so during your down time it’s good to have grab and go food that requires little work to eat. Things like bananas, grapes, and apples are perfect because they can be eaten as they are.
Like what you’re seeing? I hope you’re learning! If so, I’ve got more to share with you on Instagram – Follow me there! Don’t have Instagram? Subscribe to me (Keeping Home) on YouTube! It’s easy and Free, click this link.
- Meal prep and food prep is very important when on a plant based diet because it helps you to stay on track and helps to shorten cooking times.
- When creating your weekly or monthly vegan meal plan, always try to incorporate your favorites or mocks of your favorites like vegan bacon or chick’un to keep your meals interesting and fun.
- Finally, when creating your vegan meal plan think about your motive for being vegan. Why do you choose to partake in a plant based diet and why are you a vegan? Your WHY will help you to continue eating healthy, meat free, animal product free meals.
One Week Vegan Meal Plan
|Day 1||Fruit Smoothie and Avocado Toast||Quinoa Bowl: Quinoa, Sautéed Spinach, Sautéed Green and Yellow Zucchini, and Red Onion topped with refreshing Cucumber and Carrot shreds. Optional: Drizzle with Garlic Style Coconut Aminos.||Hearty Vegetable Soup|
|Day 2||Hot Maple Syrup Oatmeal with Walnuts and dried Fruits + a cup of Hot Tea||Filling Green Salad: Lettuce, Spinach, Arugula, Carrots, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, and Tofu topped with your favorite Vegan Dressing.||Vegan Chili and Cornbread with a side of Fresh Green Beans.|
|Day 3||Chia Pudding infused with Blackberries and Blueberries + a drink of Coconut water.||Chickpea (Mock Tuna) Sandwich layered with Tomatoes, Romaine Lettuce, Red Onions, and Pickles + a side of homemade potato wedges.||Vegetable Stir fry served over Brown Rice.|
|Day 4||Overnight Oats with
Vegan Buttered Toast and Berries.
|Rice Bowl: Brown Rice, Pinto Beans, Lettuce, Fajitas, Vegan Cheese, and Guacamole.||Raw Zucchini Noodles covered in Avocado Dressing.|
|Day 5||Avocado Toast topped with Tomato and Cucumber Slices
Fresh Green Juice.
|Super Filling Green Salad + leftover Vegan Chili||Baked Vegan Mac and Cheese + Steamed Broccoli and Fried Sweet Plantains.|
|Day 6||Granola Cereal in Nondairy milk served with Freshy made Juice.||Veggie Burger with all the fixings + Homemade Potato Wedges||Coconut Curried Potatoes and Brown Rice + Sweet Peas and Carrots.|
|Day 7||Banana pancakes, Berries, and Hot Tea.||Meatless Pasta with Tomato Sauce, and homemade Vegan Garlic Bread.||Sautéed Asian Style Zucchini Noodles with Sesame Oil, Snap Peas, Carrots, and Corn.|
- Homemade Banana Nice Cream
- Chocolate Banana nice cream with nuts, peanut butter, hazelnut spread, or almond butter *
- Vegan chocolate cake**
- Vegan sugar cookies***
- Vegan cheesecake topped with Peaches or your favorite fruit****
- A bowl of cold fresh fruit topped with coconut whipped topping*****
*Banana Nice Cream is easy to make in a food processor. Add frozen bananas, non-dairy milk and your favorite add-ins (mentioned above) to a food processor and pulse until the desired consistency is reached. Feel free to look for more detailed recipes online that include measurements.
** You can find vegan chocolate cake and many other vegan desserts at specialty grocery stores like Whole Foods.
*** Most non-vegan recipes can be made vegan by making simple substitutions with flax or chia eggs, applesauce, or even by adding more oil. There are a ton of recipes online for vegan, gluten free, and even oil free desserts – Experiment and find a few recipes you enjoy.
**** Daiya makes a very delicious vegan cheesecake that also comes in a chocolate flavor. This cheesecake can be found at Whole Foods.
***** Coconut Whipped Topping is like whipped cream but has a coconut flavor. Coconut Whipped Topping can be found at Whole Foods. If you don’t like Coconut but miss whipped cream, Whole Foods also sells a Rice based Whipped Topping.
One Week Vegan Grocery Shopping List
|Green and Red Peppers||Bananas|
|Zucchini(s): Green and Yellow||Apples|
|Snap Peas||Red Onion|
|Brown Rice||Vegan Pancake Mix|
|Pinto Beans||Chia Seeds|
|Can of Chickpeas||Walnuts|
|Tomato sauce||Tea bags|
|Vegan Mayo||Nondairy Milk|
|Vegan Cheese||Vegan Dressing|
|Frozen Fruit variety bag for smoothies||Sweet Peas|
|Veggie Burgers (Your favorite brand or homemade)||Corn|
|Curry Powder||Garlic Style Coconut Aminos|
|Garlic Powder||Sesame Oil|
|Vegan Hamburger Rolls||Coconut Water|
|Cornbread Mix||Macaroni Elbows|
|Granola Cereal||Peanut or Almond Butter or Hazelnut Spread|
|Coconut or Rice Whipped Topping||Vegan Coco Powder or Chocolate Chips|